Received in the Inbox: 25 Jan 2012 19:35
Having just taken my new puppies for their first walk around Slayley Green I am disgusted by the amount of dog faeces along the route. Come on dog lovers, children play along these paths and verges;it’s disgusting that you don’t have the common decency to clean up after your pets. I don’t intend to be a vigilante regarding this but if you don’t clean up after your dog don’t be surprised if I feel the need to have a word!
Name and address supplied
It maybe an idea to contact Bolsover District Council to try and get their Dog Wardens out and patrolling. The Bolsover web site advises:
Report Irresponsible owners
If you decide to make a complaint about dog fouling, please ensure you supply as many details as possible in order for us to take the appropriate action:
- Name and address of the dog owner – if you know it!
- If the name/address is not known – a description of the person(s) and the dog(s)
- Did the offender drive a vehicle? A description and/or registration of the vehicle
- Location of the dog fouling or poop bag
- Time of the incident – Very important! We may be able to catch the person the next time as most dog walkers follow a similar daily routine
Our enforcement staff carry out dog fouling patrols throughout the district, but we need your help to make the district a safer, cleaner and healthier place to live.
You can now report dog fouling online http://www.bolsover.gov.uk/dog-fouling-report.html 24 hours a day.
For further information on the Act or if you witness anyone flouting this law please telephone our Contact Centre’s on 01246 242424 or submit an enquiry form http://www.bolsover.gov.uk/general-enquiry.html